• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Diff Guard Help

ptjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to purchase a front diff guard for the D30 on my 96 xj. I would like some opinions or pros/cons for the different brands. (Turbo city, Warn, Rusty's, Poison Spyder) any others? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have the Warn and love it. I've hit it a few times (one hit was hard enough to bow the bottom edge of my front skidplate) but no damage to the Warn.

Second vote for the Warn. I had mine on less then a month when I went on a run with some buddies. I hit a submerged rock with my front differential and went up and over it. After it was all said and done, the dif guard had a nice gouge in it and my transmission cross member had to be replaced. I cringe when I think about what would have happened if I didn’t have the diff guard. I’m pretty sure that one would have shelled out the ring and pinion gears.

Back