• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saggy rear end

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
Any experince out there with RE 3.5 inch leaf packs, and a HEAVY rear end? I'm concerned about premature sag/wearing them out on a DD. I've got a BP rear with swing away tire carrier, and a high lift bolted to it, as well as Skid Row gas tank skid. That combination has my stock springs bending the wrong way! and got me a really saggy rear end. I'm starting to think the RE 3.5's won't be enough to net me a reliable 3 inches???? I'm beginning to consider the Currie 4 inch springs, thinking they'll end up around 3 inches??
THanks for your input! I'd prefer not to buy new springs every year :jester: .

Last edited:
6303406408.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Looks like Lawn Cher's been hitting the suds again.

Most people report that RE's lift kits net an inch or so more than the advertised height, and the reason is that they expect you to have extra weight in the form of winches, bumpers, skids, etc. I think you'll be fine.

Stock springs come from the factory with an 'S' shape to them, so don't be overly concerned. Do save your old leaves, and if the RE springs drop lower than where you want to be, use them as AALs.

if you are really that concerned - check out BigOffroad leaves - they are built to carry an extra 350 LBS in the back...

I agree with Eagle (yes, it happens more than you would think). Save your stock springs and ad one of the leaves to the RE pack if you think you need to raise it up a little.

Back