• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poly bushings all around: yes or no?

Jackhill442

NAXJA Forum User
I have 192K on my 96 Country. I want to install poly bushings on control arms, leaf springs, and both sway bars. Will this really improve steering response and handling? Will it make it ride much rougher and vibrate, or not to much worse? I have the original bushings still, so I feel it will be a handling and ride improvement. Any help?

poly bushings wont distort like rubber so they will improve your steering and handeling alittle bit, but they do transfer more vibration and road noise then rubber ones. I have poly bushings in the rear of my xj and i dont really mind them, they did make my jeep alittle loader but what doesnt

The rears gave you more road noise? Maybe I should go with fronts only. I do have a flowmaster, which already makes a ton of noise in the back, so I don't know if the polys will make a difference or not.

Poly bushings will definitely stiffen up the handling and reduce body roll, but the trade offs are a stiffer ride and poly bushings tend to squeak after a while.
If you don't mind the trade offs, you'll definitely enjoy the benefits. You can also be sure that the poly bushings will outlast your Jeep so you'll never need to change them ever again.

Back