• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd trouble after t-case drop

NeversummerCO

NAXJA Forum User
The following is referring to the np231 t-case on a 93 2door.

I just put a t-case 1" drop on to help with some vibes. I can shift into 2wd, however it seems to not be fully engaged (clicking/grinding upon movement).

4wdH, N, and 4low seem to work fine. I have tried adjusting the rod/linkage with a slight improvement. I have manually placed the t-case in 2wd and adjusted the rod/in cab shift lever to 2wd.

If I force the shift lever forward in 2wd while moving the clicking/grinding goes away. However I can't get the selector on the t-case to hold that place. I can manually push it up into place (moves about 1/4in) but without holding it there the selector moves back 1/4in.
Any thoughts?
Just to be sure, when the selector on the t-case is down, that's 4low right? So that means 2wd is three positions up?
Thanks

Dom

Sounds like you need to adjust the shift linkage @ the tcase. Adjust the rod that ataches to the Tcase shift arm. If you disconect the DS F&R you should be able to rotate through all the shift positions, by rotating the tail shaft. Can't rember on the position of the arm @ t case, but if you rotate the tail shaft, you'll know what you in.

Rob

Last edited:
ok, thanks for the suggestion it got me to look a little closer at the arm to the t-case. Turns out the nut that holds the arm on was loose, most likely from when I did the SYE. I guess the added angle from the drop caused it not to fully engage. All gears work now, driveline vibes finally reduced after an SYE, shims, and now a t-case drop. Who'd a though 8" would be such a pain, but well worth it. Thanks.

Dom

Back