• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can a 92HOcam beinstallied in a884.0????

Smoke A BIG XJ

NAXJA Forum User
hey im swaping out a 92 ho for a 88 non Ho and ive being doing some reading and was getting the impression that i couyld change the cam in 88-non from the 92HO correct me if im wrong its alreday getting the 92 intake and tb the 92 Ho has DECKCUF vavle guides and seals beyound repair i think lata

You can, but it would be pointless - they're the same stick.

However, 199/232/242/258 cams are all interchangeable, and I believe the 258 can would help with low-end power (but I'd have to check.)

And, there are 67 aftermarket cams out there, so if you see good prices on anything and would be wondering how well it would work, I have specs on most of them and can sim them for you in Dyno2000...

5-90

A new aftermarket cam is just over $100, plus new lifters. If I was going to bother pulling the head to do a cam change, I'd go with a new cam. If you do, just don't go with too much lift so you can safely use the stock valve springs.

Back