• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" lift with fixed lcas

rock rash

NAXJA Forum User
is it possible to run 4.5" coils and leaf packs on the fixed control arms that came from the re 3.5 softride kit? i am thinking about puttin in rustys 4.5 coils and packs and do not have enough money for the arms. how would it work out? possible? thanks

casey<<<

yeah you can... Currently I got at least 5.5" up front and fixed lowers and it's not bad, but I keep kicking myself for not getting the adjustable ones!

cLAYH said:
I'm running 4.5" and stock control arms. No problems.

So am I, but the ride will be smoother and the articulation will be greater when longer arms are installed. The pinion angle is a bit off as well.

I don't have any problems worth mentioning either, and I've wheeled mine pretty hard, but that does not discount that longer arms would be an improvement.

It depends what year your Jeep is, but odds are very good that you'll need either the t-case drop or an SYE. I'd vote for the SYE because even with the drop, vibes aren't always resolved.

With a 4.5" lift, the control arms are at a pretty steep angle and ride quality sucks. There's a few roads around Ft Fun that I hated driving on because they'd rattle change out of my bin, and things moved around...Drop Brackets make a huge difference in that area. Where are you in Ft Fun? I might be able to stop by and lend a hand in the near future...

Back