• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2dr xj cut out help...

rock rash

NAXJA Forum User
so i finally got around to installing my cut outs this weekend, got all the cutting done, and went to hold them up to the jeep and the front fit fine, but the rear makes it look as if i need to cut a whole lot more than it says. if anyone could offer suggestions and/or pix of the rear wheel well with them on that would be great. hopefully someone who has done this before because i am completely stumped... any help is appreciated. thanks.

Casey

Um, what the heck are ya talking about? Cut out fender flares?

Ya gotta give us some better info....... Brand name of what you're working with would be a good start......

sorry,
they are the bushwacker cut outs for a two door. and i do need help so any suggestions would be appreciated...

The rear flares won't sit as high as the front ones, simple because the rear doesn't flex as much as the front does. You could cut higher than it suggests, but then you would have to weld the wheel well back together with the outter sheet metal.

xjj33p3r said:
The rear flares won't sit as high as the front ones, simple because the rear doesn't flex as much as the front does. You could cut higher than it suggests, but then you would have to weld the wheel well back together with the outter sheet metal.
Yeh that makes sense

xjj33p3r said:
i understand this but my problem is, i have cut what i am suppossed to cut, and there is still about an inch to an inch and a half inside the flare so i am unable to mount them. i do not cut open the wheel well. please help...

Back