• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who makes the BEST gas tank skid?

im diggin my MOPAR skid... hit it hard a few times, no problems yet...
came with the rig... Go surfing under parts yards XJ's... i think their going cheap...

tomken
xjnation
dpg
rocklizard

your gonna get as many opinions as brands. It all comes down to preference, they are all pretty much the same. My favorite is the one that gets the job done.....homemade..........

"best" is a very relative term around here

it can mean:

strongest
cheapest
easiest
shortest
biggest

etc etc

my mopar (junkyard+paint) is great (strong enough for me and cheap)

just how strong is the mopar? how does it compare to the others? My rock rails are going to be here soon, but what goes under those rails, must go under my back tire, then that back tire has to come DOWN. I don't do heavy rock.

Jason

Red97XJ said:
No, and I am not sure where this is going, except I did not do a search and probably should have, just being lazy.

Soooo, what do ya think?
I make the best gas tank skid.

I have the factory skid and its holding up fine even though its not the strongest. I have one slight dent in it and that was a very hard hit when I made a mistake and nailed it into a rock. Its still functioning and didnt hurt the gas tank so it still works in my opinion. Go junk yard shopping and get one cheap. If it ever fails your not out that much money.

AARON

I've had the factory skid on mine wheeling hardcore trails for many years and I can still sqeeze 21-22 gallons into my gas tank..........guess it's held up well. :)

They all will get the job done, so I'd go for availability and price.

Back