• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton Long Arm Kit

RubiconExp.XJ

NAXJA Forum User
well i wrecked my first cherokee so i got another and im thinking about suspension options. I looked at claytons long arms and they looked pretty solid, has anything heard anything bad about them....Or have you heard goods things....only thing that read was that there was welding invovled which means you weld something to the XJ frame which is a bad thing cause the frame is like sheet metal and the welds will eventually crack the frame or something like that...Oh yea has anyone hard about the rusty's long arm kit good or bad.....any info would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks Ryan

Clayton's kit is extremely beefy, well made, and heavily tested. Clayton himself is a crazy lead-footed wheeler, and he bashes the shiznit out of his rig. I've had his kit on my XJ for over a year, but it hasn't been wheeled in that time either. I've never heard of any complaints about it, only positive reviews.

JulioCesar said:
Go RE long arm is a great kit
is this opinion from experience? did you wind up getting it?

JulioCesar said:
yes I have it, great offroad and great onroad I use my XJ daily and on weekends I use it for offroad I´m on 33´s

Hmm???????????????So your saying that in less than 1 week, you ordered the kit,got it delivered to Venezuela,installed it, and thoroughly tested it!!!!!!!!!
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41088

Clayton IIRC has a lifetime waranty - and thats good enough for me... but i plan on DB's for mine anway...

I think I'm gonna go with the Full Traction kit for the bolt on factor... I have only heard good things about the TJ kit.... the XJ kit has to be just as good since the front suspension is all the same......

well i hear the RE long arm kit blows.......so are people saying that claytons is good or bad.....im not going to go with rusty's i only have heard bad things. But you have to weld isn't that bad for the unibody frame or something.

a guy in our club runs Rusty's 6.5"
springs with ACOS spacers and Clayton L/A's..... He runs 38x12.50's on currie 9's and it rides Excellent.... At 5psi.. it soakes up the washouts like they are nuthin....

Ever drifted in a Cherokee with 38" TSL's at 5psi around corners at 40mph.... Thats cool as hell.. untill the beadlocks dig in......

Its not bad to weld to the uni-body.......thats urban myth started by people
who dont prep thier work and cant weld! If you know what your doing, know
how to prep an area for weld, can weld correctly..........There is no issue
welding to any uni-body out there.

Always disconnect the XJ's battery....better to be safe, than a sap. :rattle:

My vote is for Claytons.I've been beating mine up for over a year now with no problems.Good stuff.Here is a good pic of my Clayton Long Arms!!!
33898456-a518-02000180-.jpg

magoo117 said:
My vote is for Claytons.I've been beating mine up for over a year now with no problems.Good stuff.Here is a good pic of my Clayton Long Arms!!!

more pics plz

i have it installed on my truck and love it to death. the joints they use are huge and from when i went up there to get it installed (during the summer) they havent had someone break it yet. some say round is stronger then square and ill say look at the square tube clayton uses in his kit, the stuff seems indistructable or at least my truck will break long before the long arms will

Great pic! I was wondering if my Skid Row engine skid would work with his kit and it looks like it does.

magoo117 said:

Lawn Cher' said:
Clayton's kit is extremely beefy, well made, and heavily tested. Clayton himself is a crazy lead-footed wheeler, and he bashes the shiznit out of his rig. I've had his kit on my XJ for over a year, but it hasn't been wheeled in that time either. I've never heard of any complaints about it, only positive reviews.

i have never even herd of this kit.. how much does it go for??

Back