• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What tires for my needs?

a_hiatt

NAXJA Forum User
it's time to start thinking of what new tires to get. i live in the midwest and hit the trails probably 2-3 times a month on the weekends, but the rest is on-road back and forth in town. right now i'm running 33/10.50/15 swamper tsl's and they actually hold up pretty well but they could be replaced. so im looking for a tire that can handle everything from mud to sand to rocks that isnt terrible on road. if anyone has any opinions let me know. anything is an option but cost is a factor as im pretty poor and i'll be heading off to college next fall and they wont get too much on road use during that time, just weekend wheeling.

thanks

i too live in the midwest and run Tsl radials, and don't have to tell you how valuable a real mud tire is. i fear anything less than a real mud tire may be disappointing to ya off road.but Swampers do wear out faster than some others, i have seen BFG muds run a long time on the street along with MTR's. Pro comp's are said to be good too. my guess is ask a hundred people and will will get a hundred different answers? i would stay away from "all terrains" if not many miles will be racked up during college which will give more satisfaction ( with muds)off road hopefully......

TrXus MT's. That is all.

Back