• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pernelli Jones Dirt Grips or Iroks?

Which and why?

A buddy is trying to decide which to go with on his 4-Runner... the Pernelli Jones Dirt Grips or the Iroks.

Tire%20Graphic.jpg

Out here in the southeast i have witnessed the Iroks at Gray Rock and Tellico, and i am convinced they are the baddest tire out there! Very sticky

those PJ's are expensive!!!
i like my Irok's.....but i have the bias......a little cheaper than the radials.
the Irok's are going to wear faster on the pavement than the PJ's.
the bias Irok's run quieter and seem to have a better balance to them.

I switched to the Irok after running the MTR's and I wont switch back any time soon. My MTR's performed great but they were very noisy and the nail guard side wall was crap. the Irok's will take a lot of abuse.

i'm not impartial....am i? :)

im in Washington right now and alot of people run Iroks, MTR's and Krawlers on the buggys. alot of TSL's and SX's as well. i personally would go with Iroks, cheaper and Badass.

Well the PJ's are just as good if not better in mud the the MTR's atleast aorund here. I would think the Iroks would be better then either in the sloppy stuff. I don't run mud so I don't care. For snow and ice stuff the PJ's are the best tire for the job. I havn't heard much feedback on the iroks and snow, but what I have heard hasn't been spetacular. I like mine in rocks but only have seen on set of irks in the hills and they didn't impress me, the rocks where wet and the iroks just spun, of course the guy would air down any. The PJ's ride nice and are quite and will last about 40k. I like both but for everything I do(rocks,snow, DD,sand,baja,as little mud as possible) the PJ's are the better choice. oh and the sidewalls are super tough on the PJ's.

Back