• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible "lift" party?

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered the complete 1.5" Budget Boost kit from Rocky-Road. I may be organizing a Boost party to help me install. I have nowhere at my place but could get a few people on base to use the Auto Hobby Shop (free tools and a lift for $4/hr or I think a regular stall is like $3/hr or $5/day). I'm not sure yet if that's what I'll do as I have a mechanic friend in Joshua Tree and might see if he could help me out over a weekend. I'm checking for interest though here and I'll keep you notified. Does anyone have a place to do this as an alternative?

EDIT: Do the Bar Pin Eliminators from RRO require welding? If so then I'll definitely need someone's help. And if this goes through, I will of course provide food and beverage.

Last edited:
A couple of questions:

When are you thinking of installing it?

Where are you located?

How far are you willing to travel?

I installed my RE 3.5" back in the summer. One guy came over to help (actually did most of the work and tuaght me about the lift). We installed the entire lift in less than 6 hours!

What does your BB consist of? Poly spacer in front? Blocks or shackles in rear? It should not take too long to install.

I live in Costa Mesa and I have a garage that we can use. It depends on when you want to do it. I have a jack and 4 jack stands, all hand tools, but no air or power tools. We used an angle grinder to grind down the bump stop "holder" edges. We also had to use an impact tool for the trac bar bolt. You shoudl not need any of this for the BB. I may be wrong because I have never install a BB.

Once I get the answers to my questions, I will know if I am available to help. I have received much help from guys/gals on this list (and others).

Robert

Blacksport.

The RRO Budget lift should just be the front poly spacers, and the 1 1/2" shackles for the rear with the bar pin eliminators. There should be no welding required. If you need help, I am in Huntington beach if your willing to drive. Best of luck.

Scott.

I'm in Oceanside, the RRO BB is indeed just poly spacers for the front and 1.5" lift shackles for the rear and bar pin eliminators all around. I'm kinda new to CA and not sure of distances, about how far are Costa Mesa and Huntington from O'Side? I'm not sure exactly when it'll arrive, but I'm hoping to get it installed ASAP afterwards. I have 30x9.5s that don't fit stock right now and I want to run em so I can sell off the 235s I have now. Plus the wheels.Thanks for the responses.

Justin, I have installed the RRO bpe's and shackles on mine before so it shouldnt be a problem. I am home all day just gimme a call.

Matt

How long does it usually take to arrive, I'm all anxious for it get here so I can those tires I bought off you...:D

Got the kit, and it looks like me and Matt are gonna get it installed sometime soon after New Year's. Thanks for the offers from everyone else tho.

Back