• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

big bear winter trails

etaniyani

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking about going up to Big bear some time this winter. maybe jan or feb. Water are some good trails to run in the snow? I have a 99 with 4" lift lockers front and back etc. Also where can i camp out? Are there any camp grounds open during the winter? thanks

Any of the popular ones would be fun/ tough in the snow. How tough do you want it to be though? Gold mtn. would probably be the best combo of fun/tough if it has a good layer of snow on it. We just ran it last weekend and only the backside had much snow on it, that made for some sliding around. John Bull or Holcomb in a bunch of snow must be crazy tough to do, but several from our group this past weekend made it through in the old snow that was still on the trail. I am not sure about camping though. (BRRRRR!!)
I will be wanting to get back up there some time in late Jan or early Feb too.
Hope they get some more snow.

Hey check out this thread if you're looking at a Feb run up Big Bear...There's some guys planning a run around the 18th of Feb. :thumbup:

Back