• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pressure regulator - interchangeble?

Micha

NAXJA Forum User
i might have to change my fuel pressure regulator (87 xj 4l) - what years will fit and does it make sense to get one from the yard?

thanks,
micha

Micha said:
i might have to change my fuel pressure regulator (87 xj 4l) - what years will fit and does it make sense to get one from the yard?

thanks,
micha

Not sure of the individual part, but I've found most parts for 86-90 are pretty interchangeable. I'd try to get a part number from a local dealership, and then ask what years used it. The one I was dealing with when I was in Kirkland were great at any questions I asked about, and even gave me blowups of whatever I needed. Good luck!!

I don't think a yard would even sell you a regulator. There are orings on it that when serviced are usually hard as a rock. The new ones come w/ new orings. Go new.

Brian

thanks, guys!

you might have seen it in another thread - i was suspecting my regulator to let fuel escape through the vacuum line (bad diaph.).
i did not see gas dripping out when disconnected and the hoses and rubber fittings are still flexible, so chances are it's all right...

today i got myself a small transparent fuel filter (with paper insert) and hooked it up in the vacuum line - thinking that even a faint mist of fuel escaping would eventually wet the filter insert and indicate a bad regulator.

so far it seems to work fine - no vacuum leaks.
i'll give it a few days, if the filter stays dry, i keep the regulator...

micha

Back