• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winches

mknack

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking at getting a winch for my XJ soon. I have seen a really good deal going on right now at 4 wheel parts out here in california. They have a Mile Marker PE8000 electric winch with a roller fairlead for only $399. I know that sounds good, but what is the difference between the PE8000 and the E8000? I just want to make sure that it isnt some piece of crap or something.

dont know what the pe is but just wanna let you know that mm is good stuff, i have a 9k and it is very very reliable and strong, just dont get in a hurry

Check out the Ramsey REP line. I have a REP 8000 and it has been a great winch, very dependable. They are very reasonbly priced as well I think a 8000 runs around 400.

its actually the Ramsey REP8.5 which is 8500 lbs. It is $399 shipped at sam's off-road. It has a lifetime warranty as opposed to the mile-marker's 2 year warranty.

John

WARN XD9000I, get nothing else... the only suggestion i could give is don't get something with a permanent magnet. they tend to burn out quicker and are not replaceable, other than buying a new winch. most of the winches in the $300-600 mark are permanent magnet winches

brandon

Back