• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'U' joints size??

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
What is the size designation of the various 'U' joints on the '96 XJ. I have heard the numbers 1310 and 1350 mentioned especially regerding the double cardan joints but I am unable to tell the difference. Would the front drive shaft use the 1310 and the rear use the 1350? :dunno:

The U-joint size is the 1310 series at the axle pinion yokes,both rear u-joints are the same.
The front axle joints may be either a 260 or a 297,ABS equiped axles have 297 joints.Around 95/96 year the axles went to the 297 joint.
What is in the front drive shaft CV joint I have no idea.
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
The U-joint size is the 1310 series at the axle pinion yokes,both rear u-joints are the same.
The front axle joints may be either a 260 or a 297,ABS equiped axles have 297 joints.Around 95/96 year the axles went to the 297 joint.
What is in the front drive shaft CV joint I have no idea.
Wayne
Thanks Wayne. The front and rear drive shaft have the same size U joint. The front diff have a bigger size; I think it is the 297 on the '96 that I now have. At least, they are bigger than those on the '94 XJ I once owned.

Back