• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remove Fuel Line

MN-Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
It is on a '97 XJ.

How do I disconnect the fuel rail from the fuel line. I removed the little clamp but the line will not budge. Any ideas?

Brian

The "clamp" you are probably referring to is actually a safety clop to hold the line in the case that the quick connect lets go. You need a disconnect tool to release the quick connect coupler. Most parts stores carry them. I sell tools and could help you out if you live in the metro area but it would probably be quicker to find one at the store.

Brian

Actually I live in Rosemount. What part do you live in??

Brian

There are four little spring clips, that hold the coupling on the hardline, behind a raised ridge on the hardline. Found a piece of hard plastic tubing that had an inside diameter about the same as the hardline and an outside diameter a little smaller than the inside of the coupling. Cut a 2" long piece lengthwise, to make two halves and slide the two halves into the coupling, really not much force on the clips.
Would be much easier just to buy the tool if you can find one.

when i removed that fuel connect i didnt have the correct tool for it and i snded up jimmying it apart with 4 small flat head screwdrivers--PITA

that was THE only tool i didnt have for my exhaust manifold job. . .

i have since purchased a cheapo set of fuel rail disconnect tools :)

Back