• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure Sender

cmeuzelaar

NAXJA Forum User
Yep, 2 posts within minutes of each other. Next question: do I need to buy the oil pressure sender for my jeep from a dealership? My brother says that the one I can get from a local parts shop isn't going to be the right one and I know it doesn't look the same. I'm assuming I need to replace it b/c my oil pressure gauge will randomly spike to 80+ PSI with no change in throttle.

Thanks,
Chris

'89 Cherokee Laredo, 4.0L, Auto, 240k

Get it from the dealer, you know it will fit, might not work but it will fit :D

I broke mine off while trying to get a oil filter off that someone tightened down to 6000ft-lbs.

Got a replacement at Autozone for $2x and it has worked fine. Looked exactly like the one I broke off. I took it with me to compare.

Hope this helps.

If you can find a "U Pull U Save" junkyard, chances are you can pick up a sending unit from them. I broke mine, cause of Jiffy Lube and their "signature service" of overtightening the filter, too. Went into the junkyard and found two jeeps with my oil sending pressure sending unit. I bought them for 2 dollars a piece and both work great. If one hadn't worked it would have still been worth the gamble at being only 2 bucks. Also, I bought two, lessening the likelihood of me having gotten only bad sending units. Anyways, this is just my two cents worth. Hope this helps someone.

Back