• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac bar bracket

smallxj

NAXJA Forum User
Well i m running a 1991 xj with 4.5 zj cois and 2 inch spacers and 35"mtrs with the RE heavey duty bracket and trac bar. The bolts are coming loose alot i have lock tite and lock washers on it and it will come loose in about a week of just driven on the road. So does anyone else have this problem and how did they fix it? Would the RE support bracket help also where does that tie in at? Pictures are good

smallxj said:
Well i m running a 1991 xj with 4.5 zj cois and 2 inch spacers and 35"mtrs with the RE heavey duty bracket and trac bar. The bolts are coming loose alot i have lock tite and lock washers on it and it will come loose in about a week of just driven on the road. So does anyone else have this problem and how did they fix it? Would the RE support bracket help also where does that tie in at? Pictures are good

this is a common problem... it was discussed over on PNW jeep. i have the RE support bracket and it still comes loose... it just takes longer for it to come loose. it bolts to the RE HD bracket and over to the other frame sleeve.

Brandon
i don't have any pix, but i live over on greenlake if ya want to see it. HTH

try lock nuts. the kind that taper at one end, not the ones with rubber.

Back