• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New here

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
Whats up gentlemen. I've been messing with my 88YJ for the last 2 years but I think it's time to start fixing my wifes (she thinks it's hers) 90XJ. Got a trailmaster 4" lift, 31's and runs pretty good, she bought it from her brother. Needs shocks and a tune-up. But I got this problem with the drivers seat, seems to be leaning due to a busted bracket. I heard it's a common problem. Any advice on how to fix it or anyone got any spare parts laying around?
MAMAHEADS Jeep
Mamahead.jpg

"Gentlemen"?! Please watch your language in the forum. You can get away w/ that sort of thing over in the OT forum, but it isn't allowed here. That being said....
Welcome! I would bet you could easily find a seat bracket at a local Pick n pull or other auto salvage yard. Decent looking XJ, you gotta get it out wheelin' w/ the group next trip.
Later, JJ

jjmat3 said:
"Gentlemen"?! Please watch your language in the forum. You can get away w/ that sort of thing over in the OT forum, but it isn't allowed here. That being said....
Sorry, I'll watch my manners over here. Yeah, it's like all the time and money being put into my YJ I need to learn to balance thoses resources equally so that I got both vehicles trail ready. I feel I've been neglecting the lil' XJ too long.

If you can weld or know someone who does, you can fix the bracket that's part of the seat frame. The right rear corner is the most common.

-Marisha

BTW, Welcome!

wolfheartak said:
If you can weld or know someone who does, you can fix the bracket that's part of the seat frame. The right rear corner is the most common.

-Marisha

BTW, Welcome!
Actually , I was'nt too clear on what bracket. It's IN the seat. Like I'm sliding into the drvrs door.

Back