• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

carpet questions

90 xj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1990 cherokee limited with tan interior, last weekend i got water in the doors so i pulled all my carpet out. i want to put a darker color back in(i will be getting this from a junk yard) did any xj's come with black carpet?
jake

Yes there were some older XJs with balck interior they were pretty rare though, so a doubt you could find one with still decent carpet in it, however you can buy new carpet kits from $99 and up online..I would look into that if you reall want a black carpet.

Chris

EDIT: How about Hurculine (sp) it then if you ever get watch in no problem with the clean up?

My '88 Black Limited has gray leather seats and a dark gray carpet. I don't think it would look good with tan seats though. I replaced the entire carpet about two years ago. I got it from the dealer. It came in two parts and was about $260. I made my own liner out of this stuff: (works good with spray adhesive) http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/s-10101/p-394/c-10101

I have tan interior and it came stock with black vinyl/plastic floor.

I pulled the old one out and replaced it with a new kit from JC Whitney. Looks good and easy to clean.

Back