• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm conversion

94XJ4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinking about doing a long arm conversion. i dont want to pay all the money for the full kit so ive started designing a cross memeber/long arm mount and i will buy some RE long arms. My question to you is: should i just bolt the cross member onto the frame rails with 4 high strength bolts on each side or weld it on too?

haha thanks for the help. i'm thinking of just welding plates to the frame so that i can put 4 high grade bolts through on each side. i was just going to weld for extra strenght. but thanks for the input.

Maybe ill just leave the cross member alone and weld some brackets to the frame. That would be the most simple and obvious thing to do. im still in the planing/desiging stages. if any of you out there have pics of your long arm set up please post them it would be greatly apreciated. thanks.

WOW. thanks. that was exactly what i was looking for. that should keep me busy for a while. Im definatly going to have to set that page on my favorites list. Thanks.

Here's my set-up.BTW.I feel RE arms are to long for an XJ(more clearance lost).

MY LA's

I was just looking at your jeep on XJDB. that long arm set up looks good. what you you recomend instead of RE? Do you know if Clayton Manutacturing sells the long arms alone?

yes they do sell the arms alone. For about $500.

Might as well cough up the full price and have something you know isn't going to kill you.

Back