• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no heat but the blower work great help me asap please

Well a couple of weeks ago I was going home from my dads and 2 fuses the blower fuse and the side dash light fuse melted and caught fire insted of just breaking and I cant get all the parts out of the fuse box. I am a college kid and money is super tight with chrismas coming around so I cant aford a new fuse box. I wired my blower up to a fuse and toggle switch and the battery but now the blower only blows on off setting and only blows cold what the heck. Befour I wired it up it did not blow at all but warm air slowy crept out of the top vent. Whats up? Any help asap I live in michigan and its very cold. Thanks alot

Where the air comes out of is not controlled by electricity but by vacuum. Check for vacuum leaks or the heater control panel, which contains a vacuum switch. Also look that there are no hoses pulled from the vacuum solenoids.

The question I have is....what originally caused the blown fuses? In you poking around, did you accidentally pull a vacuum line loose?

If you don't find it right away, don't hesitate to hit this board again. And by the way, you don't have to be in college for things to be tight.:laugh3:

There is a door (actually 2) that are controlled by vacuum in the heater box. The fan blows and pushes the doors into the default position, usually because the vacuum is too low.
There is a rather large vacuum line that comes out of the intake manifold, across the firewall, down the passengers side wheel well under the battery, into a vacuum resivoir behind the front bumper on the passengers side. There is a smaller hard plastic type vacuum line that comes back from the canister, along the passenger side wheel well and through the firewall near the coolant bottle. Someimes there are two hard plastic lines coming from the vacuum canister, the other is for the cruise control.
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak, as your heater controls work sometimes, when the vacuum is high, but not when the vacuum is low (open throttle).
My way of testing the vacuum circuit is primitive, but works. Disconnect the large line from the intake manifold, turn off the heater and suck till you get some vacuum, put your tongue over the end, should hold vacuum. If your leaking vacumm, you have segregate the system (unhook the seprate runs) plug the hose and test them one at a time, including the vacuum line through the firewall to the heater controls.
Places I have found heater system vacuum leaks are, the large line under the battery (rotted from battery acid I guess), the small plastic line near the canister wear it runs across a sheet metal side brace and the connector at the heater controls (a plug with various vacuum lines) that came loose.
Also had a major vacuum leak in the EGR circuit, that I guess lowered the vacuum so much, the heater controls were iffy. Same with a brake vacuum booster leak.
If you´ve had any sort of front collision, chances are the mounts for the vacuum canister are broken and it´s just hanging (or flopping around) in the bumper.
The hard plastic vacuum lines have rubber couplings/connectors, at various places in the run that have come loose on occasion. Body shop forgot to hook one of mine back up.

My heat went out on me 2 years ago and it ended up being a lack of coolent. Not enough to make it through the heater core. Didnt notice it for a while becuase on my 2 miles commute, the engine never really got up to temp. I also did occasionally get blasts of heat once up to temp. Probably not your problem due to your fuse situation. But worth looking at.

thewrath said:
My heat went out on me 2 years ago and it ended up being a lack of coolent. Not enough to make it through the heater core. Didnt notice it for a while becuase on my 2 miles commute, the engine never really got up to temp. I also did occasionally get blasts of heat once up to temp. Probably not your problem due to your fuse situation. But worth looking at.
Yes and the heater coolant valve, can usually feel the heater hoses and tell if it´s passing coolant.

Back