• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brakes No Workie!!!

My_Little_Pony

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, my buddy was redoing his complete brake system on his 89 Cherokee. He went and replaced all the parts: pads, master cylinder, rotors, calipers, etc.. Well he got everthing back together and the pedal still sinks all the way to the floor. He has bled the brake lines (all the air is gone). What else could it be? Where should we start? Thanks!!

Did he bleed the master cylinder before he installed it? Did he check to make sure there are no leaks in the brake lines? Sounds like there is either air in the system still, or a leak.

Sounds like a leak somewhere. I had the same problem with a Ford I worked on a long time ago. The leak wound up being a wheel cylinder. The leak wasn't apparent right away because of the drum. Pull the drums and make sure everything is dry if you cannot see leaks anywhere else.

HTH,
B-loose

Back