• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cargo rack for sale

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Since I'm putting in a cage shortly, the rack will no longer fit without major modifications. So I'll just make another one that will fit with the cage.

Anyways, so far I only got one pic, but it shows the rack all loaded up. It's built in such a manner that underneath you can store up to a 33x1250 and a fairly sizeable tool box. On top I ussually keep a bin with parts and my socket set and some other goodies. The rack bolts to the floor in 4 places and has many "cross rails" to help with stacking starpping of items on top.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=te2xbqn.3undhedf&x=0&y=r83omi

The rack survived a somewhat violent rollover and sustained only damage to 2 legs (I used big sheetmetal screws before on one end and they got ripped out and bent the two opposing legs, I fixed the legs since and reinforced them as well). It has kept all my tools and spare parts and everything else that was strapped to it from flying and hurting anyone inside.

$125 OBO

I dont know about the price but I can vouch for his rack.The rack held up to a TON of weight on the rubicon trip and the moab trip. If anyone wheels with Remi they know that his rig is stuffed full of stuff. It is strong and functional.

Kejtar said:
Since I'm putting in a cage shortly, the rack will no longer fit without major modifications. So I'll just make another one that will fit with the cage.

Anyways, so far I only got one pic, but it shows the rack all loaded up. It's built in such a manner that underneath you can store up to a 33x1250 and a fairly sizeable tool box. On top I ussually keep a bin with parts and my socket set and some other goodies. The rack bolts to the floor in 4 places and has many "cross rails" to help with stacking starpping of items on top.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=te2xbqn.3undhedf&x=0&y=r83omi

The rack survived a somewhat violent rollover and sustained only damage to 2 legs (I used big sheetmetal screws before on one end and they got ripped out and bent the two opposing legs, I fixed the legs since and reinforced them as well). It has kept all my tools and spare parts and everything else that was strapped to it from flying and hurting anyone inside.

$125 OBO

ryurabbit said:
If anyone wheels with Remi they know that his rig is stuffed full of stuff.
That's not entirely true, Lee outdid me when it came to loading up the rig :D

Anyways, someone make me an offer on it as I need it gone.

Someone offer him $5 for it. Or maybe just a couple gift dollars to In-N-Out.............

-Mike L.

Here I will help ya out Remi,
Come on now guys, this thing is quality, it is large enough to hold a whole side of beef over the BBQ, what better way to end the day on the trail than with Remi's trail side BBQ rack, and it doubles for storage in the rear of a Cherokee, now what could be better than that :laugh3:

Fullsizexj said:
Here I will help ya out Remi,
Come on now guys, this thing is quality, it is large enough to hold a whole side of beef over the BBQ, what better way to end the day on the trail than with Remi's trail side BBQ rack, and it doubles for storage in the rear of a Cherokee, now what could be better than that :laugh3:

He did say best offer didn't he. $5 still stands and it looks like that is the best offer so far. :wave:

-Mike L.

Lou said:
And, a terrible picture it is. :D

Can't even see the rack with all that CRAP on it. Come on you may get better offers if you take better pics. :gag:

-Mike L.

Mike L said:
Can't even see the rack with all that CRAP on it. Come on you may get better offers if you take better pics. :gag:

-Mike L.

I gotta unload it first and that will not happen till Tue or Wed :moon:

I'm definitely interested in a rear cargo rack. I'd need to see better pictures before plunking down $125 for something that might have "Red Jeep issues"... :kissyou:

bburge

I have uploaded a few more pics last night. The height from the top of the rack to the lowest point in the hatch opening is just over 19" and the height under the rack IIRC is just under 14". The rack fits in the cargo area pretty snuggly.
There is also a pic included showing how it mounts: all 4 mounts are identical.
The top has uneven spacing on the crossbars (as
well as layout) as to accomodate for various shapes and sizes of cargo so
it's easier to stack it on top and strap it down. The hooks on both of my
strap sets (ratchet and non ratchet) fit around the angle iron on the
outside pretty tightly to limit the sideways slip and slide.

Good looking rack, if I hadn't just bought my BB, I'd buy it off ya. Are you interested in trading for a set of Michelin 235/75R15 X-Radial LTs? All mounted up on chrome wheels...They won't be available til I get my BB in the mail...:D I could definitely go for a rack to hold the random junk I like to keep in the back...

BlackSport96 said:
Good looking rack, if I hadn't just bought my BB, I'd buy it off ya. Are you interested in trading for a set of Michelin 235/75R15 X-Radial LTs? All mounted up on chrome wheels...They won't be available til I get my BB in the mail...:D I could definitely go for a rack to hold the random junk I like to keep in the back...
:D those tires would look interesting on my jeep :D Talk about wheel well room.
Anyways at this point I think I got a sale pending and if that falls through there are 2 more people that are interested but I will post should it become available again.

BlackSport96 said:
Imagine the tire stuffage you could get...

Yeah but it would make him even more scared while driving fast on the highway :laugh3:

Back