• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires needed soon

XJ Dad

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 3 inch Rough Country add a leaf kit and I'm getting ready to install it this week or next and am going to be looking for a set of 30 or 31 inch tires for a reasonable price. Used ones don't bother me any, let's just say Marines don't serve because the pay is great. I'd like to get a set of five, so I have a full size spare, but 4 is cool. If any one has any ideas or leads on some, please let me know. I'm located on Camp Pendleton. Thank you.
Wade

XJ Dad said:
I just bought a 3 inch Rough Country add a leaf kit and I'm getting ready to install it this week or next and am going to be looking for a set of 30 or 31 inch tires for a reasonable price. Used ones don't bother me any, let's just say Marines don't serve because the pay is great. I'd like to get a set of five, so I have a full size spare, but 4 is cool. If any one has any ideas or leads on some, please let me know. I'm located on Camp Pendleton. Thank you.
Wade

If you end up looking for new, I was looking a few months ago and Costco had the best price. Otherwise, if you can catch 4 wheel parts with a buy 3 get 1 free sale, it ends up being a decent deal (There's one in San Marcos) Good Luck!

-Marisha

XJ Dad said:
Wade

I went to South Central L.A. , paid $125 +tax a tire for 32" BFG A/Ts.
No mounting & balancing fee, etc.... They catch is the line you have to wait in, and the beautiful neighborhood you get to hang out in.

Scott Suyeto

XJ Dad said:
Wade

Shoot me a PM, i have 5 31" BFG mud, the four on the truck have about 5000 miles, the spare is new. I am stepping up to 265......and i am pretty close to oceanside.

wolfheartak said:
I was looking a few months ago and Costco had the best price.

-Marisha

Unfortunately COstco won't mount them on your vehicle unless they are the stock size (at least the one in Fullertn won't)

I have a set of 4 BFG AT's 31x10.5x15 that will be available in a few weeks (after Christmas) which have 9000 miles on them + a Dunlop Rover 31x10.5x15 spare. $400.

I have 4 used 30x9.5-15 A/Ts mounted on 10-spoke Jeep alloy wheels that you can have for the very cheap price of... FREE! The only thing I ask is that you come get them within the next week or two, I really need to get them out of my pickup. They are not new or even nearly new but they do have some tread left and they all hold air. And if that is not enough, these tires have considerable trail experience to include the John Bull trail.

I know that one of them has a plug in it 'cause I put it there after pulling a nail out. I also know that at least one of them needs to be balanced (I had a vibration after the last trip up Miller Jeep trail with these tires). I figured that I knocked a weight off but I didn't bother getting them balanced since I already had 33s sitting in the driveway.

Almost forgot here are some pictures.
TIRE PHOTOS
Also if you are not interested please post so that I can look for another new owner.

Thanks
Luther

A guy at my work just bought a Rubicon and is selling the tires and wheels (31 inch mtr's) for $500. They have 1500 miles on them, is that a good deal? Thank you.
Wade

New 31" MTR's go for about $140-$150 new so $500 ain't too bad of a deal.

IMO that's an awsome deal, that is what I wanted to do to the XJ at one time. But I couldn't find a set under $1200. I guess I just didn't keep looking long enough.

I guess this means you are not going to take my junk off of my hands?

I was still trying to figure out what I was going to do. I can't pass this up though. Thank you all who sent me pm's. I appreciate it. I'm looking to get rid of my 3 inch lift I just bought and I'm getting a 4 inch. After we have that trimming party, I look forward to wheeling with you all. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Thank you.
Wade

XJ Dad said:
A guy at my work just bought a Rubicon and is selling the tires and wheels (31 inch mtr's) for $500. They have 1500 miles on them, is that a good deal? Thank you.
Wade

That's a really good deal. The wheels are $250 each from the dealer for reference. They are going on Ebay for about $1100 lately. The price has been coming down a bit, but that's stll a good deal.

-Marisha

Back