• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a seat rail

the_bandit87

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking for a while for a seat rail for the driver's seat in my 87 XJ, the mounts on mine are pretty rusted, and the rails have seized so its no longer adjustable. The local Chrysler dealership has it as a no longer avaliable part, and everything I find at junkyards is only a little bit better than mine. The dealership did a Canada wide search and still couldn't find it, but I figure there might be one kicking around in the US. The price was pretty good too, but I'd be willing to pay anything reasonable.

the_bandit87 said:
I've been looking for a while for a seat rail for the driver's seat in my 87 XJ, the mounts on mine are pretty rusted, and the rails have seized so its no longer adjustable. The local Chrysler dealership has it as a no longer avaliable part, and everything I find at junkyards is only a little bit better than mine. The dealership did a Canada wide search and still couldn't find it, but I figure there might be one kicking around in the US. The price was pretty good too, but I'd be willing to pay anything reasonable.

I have several of these in the basement. They come from a 91,93 and a 95. The 91 and 93 are for the curved bottom seats that were stock in the older ones, and the 95 is for a flat bottomed seat. Send me a private message and let me know what style you'd like.
Dave

Thanks alot, I could probably do you one better and go to my Chrysler dealsership, and get u a print out of how the seat rail looks. I don't know if it helps you but my seat has a rocking feature to it, It has rails to bring it forward and back from the wheel, but then it has a rocking feature, the rocking part of it looks almost like the shape a leaf spring (the same sort of angle) and the seat can move forward and back on that too (but the rails are in the same position, it just changes the attitude of the seat). I'll have a look at the seat to see which ones I think they are (probably the earlier 91 seats) but I'll get u that part diagram from the Chrysler dealership just to be sure. Thanks again!!

Ok, I got the print out and I have a curved bottom seat, its drivers side that I need. Let me know your price.The dealership price up here is somthing like $80-$100 canadian, maybe a little more, but its no longer stocked. I'll have that print out for you soon too. Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Back