• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheelin Areas around Spokane, WA

There is 7mile ORV park, it is all sandy, muddy hill climbs and washes. It's ok and is fun every once in a while. That is the only place I know real close to Spokane, I try to stay in Idaho because the WA law man doesn't like my jeep. I would reccomend you get involved with a local club that is associated with the pnw4wda, that is the best way to find trails, the Spokane 4 wheelers are up there. http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/spokane4wheelers/index.htm
Welcome to the area, I will post up if I am going on any runs up your way.

I live in Spokane. Have the yellow XJ at the chrome shop on Trent and Helena.
If you have any ? stop by or pm me.

When I had an ATV, I rode at 7 Mile park a few times. Riding there in January a few years ago was not one of the smartest things I ever did. It was very cold. brrrrrrrr I have never been there in a Jeep, but looks like it could be fun for a little while.
Glenn

opracer315 said:
I live in Spokane. Have the yellow XJ at the chrome shop on Trent and Helena.
If you have any ? stop by or pm me.

Wondered who that was, I work on Hamilton just north of Trent.

Cayuse said:
Wondered who that was, I work on Hamilton just north of Trent.

Where do you work at I drive down Hamilton evey day.
Finally got the Jeep were I want it. Looking for some people to wheel with. E-mail me or stop by the shop always have time to b.s.
My XJ Is yellow with black bed liner along the rocker panels, BW cut outs, 33 x 12.50 MTR, Roof rack with spare, AJs Custom front, rear bumpers and rock rails.

[email protected]

opracer315 said:
Where do you work at I drive down Hamilton evey day.
Finally got the Jeep were I want it. Looking for some people to wheel with. E-mail me or stop by the shop always have time to b.s.
My XJ Is yellow with black bed liner along the rocker panels, BW cut outs, 33 x 12.50 MTR, Roof rack with spare, AJs Custom front, rear bumpers and rock rails.

[email protected]

Mountain Gear warehouse, just south of the Centennial Trail overpass. Stock (for now) green '93 with Yakima racks on it. Hopefully going to get a safari rack built to mount on the bars soon (wife and kid want to take too much stuff). Probably won't lift until it needs tires then will just go a couple of inches. If I can find the guy that I loaned the Warn winch off my old FJ-55 to then I'll look at building a custom front bumper to mount it on.

Cayuse said:
Mountain Gear warehouse, just south of the Centennial Trail overpass. Stock (for now) green '93 with Yakima racks on it. Hopefully going to get a safari rack built to mount on the bars soon (wife and kid want to take too much stuff). Probably won't lift until it needs tires then will just go a couple of inches. If I can find the guy that I loaned the Warn winch off my old FJ-55 to then I'll look at building a custom front bumper to mount it on.

If you need help with anything let me know. Would like to get a wheeling trip going. The places I know are not to difficult mostly for hunting. If any one has ideas lets get something planned.

Hey,
Thanks everyone. I'm home for Christmas right now but will be back in about a week. I'll check out those websites and trails.
Not really sure where Trent is. I know the major roads so far still learning my way around.
I may not be on the trail for another week after I get back as mines in the shop getting the transmission rebuilt.:-(

shotstopper said:
Hey,
Thanks everyone. I'm home for Christmas right now but will be back in about a week. I'll check out those websites and trails.
Not really sure where Trent is. I know the major roads so far still learning my way around.
I may not be on the trail for another week after I get back as mines in the shop getting the transmission rebuilt.:-(
Did you make back yet. If you need help let know. I will watch and drink your beer jk always will to help some one out.

I am in Spokane also! You will sometime see my rig parked in front of Big 5 Sporting goods on Sprague and Fancher. (Usually Saturdays or Sundays) Want to hook up with some others for trips? Check out Moabjeeper.com we do a lot of local runs.

R

(License Plate)
"IF YOU CAN'T STOP, SMILE AS YOU GO UNDER!"

90 XJ 4.0L I6 Auto
11" Lift, Rustys Longarm Kit, Leafs, Coils, Shackles, OTK Steering, Dual Stab, 4.56 Gears, D30/Ford 8.8, Eaton E-Locker (rear), K&N Cold Air Intake, 35X12.50 BFG MT KM's on Eagle Alloy 15X10's, 6-States Driveshaft, Cracked Windshield, tree damage, oxidation...
Inland Northwest Adventures.com

Richdaman, I am the one that left the card on your windshield. I work at the chrome shop. I stop by the rc shop all thew time.

From my count there are about 7 people in the fourm from Spokane area. We need to get something going. I am willing to help organize but don't know really where to go. 7-mile would be ok for a couple of hours. With as many people in the area I think we need a day trip. Lets get some ideas.

I suggested 7 mile because I don't know how built everyones rigs are. I am all for a tougher trail. Most of the trails I know are down around moscow though, I know a few around kellog that have a ton of shale and will cause some damage, but that might not be what we want our first time out.

Check out richdaman's web site. He seems to know where to go. I prefer not to damage my jeep but if it happens o-well.

opracer315 said:
Richdaman, I am the one that left the card on your windshield. I work at the chrome shop. I stop by the rc shop all thew time.

From my count there are about 7 people in the fourm from Spokane area. We need to get something going. I am willing to help organize but don't know really where to go. 7-mile would be ok for a couple of hours. With as many people in the area I think we need a day trip. Lets get some ideas.

Yeah I remember you doing that! There are actually a lot of places to go around Spokane that will take you on terrain of all sorts. If you check out my website you will see that we like to go to rathdrum mt, mica peak, Elk, and we usually only go to 7 mile if we want to test out some equipment or just make a spontaneous trip. We usually coordinate through Moabjeeper.com
Feel free to email me via my site or look on MJ for potential runs. School and fireworks shows have me pinned down until June so I only anticipate a couple of runs between now and then.

Happy Wheeling!
R

(License Plate)
"IF YOU CAN'T STOP, SMILE AS YOU GO UNDER!"

90 XJ 4.0L I6 Auto
11" Lift, Rustys Longarm Kit, Leafs, Coils, Shackles, OTK Steering, Dual Stab, 4.56 Gears, D30/Ford 8.8, Eaton E-Locker (rear), K&N Cold Air Intake, 35X12.50 BFG MT KM's on Eagle Alloy 15X10's, 6-States Driveshaft, Cracked Windshield, tree damage, oxidation...
Inland Northwest Adventures.com

XJ Ben said:
Count me in.
I will (someday soon :) have a rig to go play in.
psst! hey ben...

You just replied to a year old thread... Snicker....
Seriously, stick around and watch the Northwst Chapter. We're talking about a convoy from Western Washington to invade you guys in Spokane for some wheeling...
:)

Back