• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack anchors

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I can't remember the name of the rubber anchor nuts for the roof rack. What are the names of those ? Does any one know of a cheaper supplier then the dealer for those ? Thank you :star:

HEY if you find out pm me and let me know..i am also looking for a new set of em...but i need all off em though cause mine were all worn....the dealer wanted like 8 bucks a piece...that seems a little much for little rubber grometts with a helicoil in it..haha..so if you find oout let me know alright?...later..good luck....

oh..just to add to the thread though......the dealer told me i should try some auto body places to see if they had them cheaper and i have called to no avail.....so that just my 2 cents..... :clap:

Nutserts and rivnuts are metal. I actually got mine at my local ACE hardware store where they have the hardware assortment in the pull out drawer systems. I think the supplier is Sharon.

I have usually found them under the name "Well Nuts," and the ones for 1/4" screws will fit in the holes without modification. You should be able to find them for about $.70 each at the local hardware store, but it may take a couple trips to get enough (I think I needed a dozen when I peeled my roof rack off a couple summers ago.)

You'll also need to get new screws when you replace the well nuts, since I seem to recall the OEM well nuts answering to screws with a weird thread. Use brass or CRES button head screws for replacements.

5-90

Well nuts, thats the name I'm looking for Thanks 5-90. I grew up in Vallejo. How about them Sorry Niners ? I have their logo tattooed on me. What an idiot eh ? Thanks again

Last edited:
i went thru this last spring and was told by several dealers that they were on national backorder.. local searches came up with nothing... i ended up hard bolting the rack to the roof because i have a 33" spare up there...

Back