• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

qwik battry question

bustednutz

NAXJA Forum User
Took off terminals tonight to clean battery corrosion and terminals as well. Came out beautifully clean and shiny. Put it back together and went to fire it up. Started and immediatly stalled. Turned key again and it fired right up and stayed running. Drove it a little bit and shut her off. Turned key and started right up again. So I think it will continue to do right by me.
But what would have caused that immediate stall at the first startup after re-connecting the batt terminals?
Computer reset? I was thinking something along these lines.
Any and all comments welcomed.

My 2000 did the same thing after a good battery drain. I even had to hold the pedel down a little for a few seconds because it wouldn't stay running. Though I don't think it has ever done that after a battery disconection.

I just swapped out an old battery today and the same kind of thing happened to me as well. First start up was kind of funny and it died. It started the second time without issue and after letting it run for a while it started multiple times without issue. I'll see what in does in the morning.

When I replaced my idiot light panel with a gauge panel I followed the FSM instructions to disconnect the battery and let it sit. When I hooked it back up it fired right off, had to take it apart again to swap 'security' light with 'low fluid' light but this time I went in and made coffee, had lunch so it sat for about an hour. Fired right back up but drove funny for about 20+ minutes while I was running errands but then evened out.
It did not do this when I removed the factory battery and replaced it with the current red top thats in there now so maybe the time that it is disconnected has something to do with it. Oh, only on that long lunch break disconnect did it loose it radio station presets, kept them the other two times though.

Back