• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hard Clutch pedal....

St3mpy

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search, but everyone elses problem seems to be a little different. Anyways, I have a 95 XJ, AX-15 of course, and the problem is the clutch pedal is REALLY hard. Like, brake pedal hard. The clutch engages hard too. But, if I'm at say, a stop light or something, then the first time I let off the clutch and push it in, that's a smooth shift, but every time hafter that it seem like the clutch is either on or off. I REALLy hate this and want it fixed. I know theres only 3 things that can be wrong, but I need to know which one. which combination.

i know its a dumb one but did you check the fluid. not sure if you can but did you try to blead it .

If there's no fluid, or excess air in the system, then the pedal will have no travel at all (i.e. limp).

I've experienced hard clutch pedals if the clutch disc isn't aligned properly. How many miles are on the clutch? Maybe the disc and hub aren't connected properly anymore.

Back