• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get a OBDII cat cheap??

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
A buddy of mine needs a new cat for his 96 ZJ. But since it's OBDII, all estimates are in the $350-400 range.

I had a hook-up at a local muffler shop, but the guy no longer works there. Does anybody know someone in the LA/OC area? Thanks.

xjohnnyc said:
A buddy of mine needs a new cat for his 96 ZJ. But since it's OBDII, all estimates are in the $350-400 range.

I had a hook-up at a local muffler shop, but the guy no longer works there. Does anybody know someone in the LA/OC area? Thanks.

Depending on the shop they can add the O2 sensor bung in a standard cat. Thats what I did and my cat was only $40 installed. Ask around. And yes it passed smog.

-Mike L.

WELL ! while it's not cheap it is legal in Cal and is OBD II compliant.... Magnaflow #43035 for a 6 cyl. I got it in the midwest somewhere ......
I can't remember where, it was around $190. + shipping.
For me just finding one was 80% of the job.... the price was better than I could find locally but still too damn much.
Good Luck !!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)
P.S. you might give Magnaflow a holler & get some of their suppliers.....OH also they're in Santa Margarita Ca. but don't sell retail.... whats wrong here?

Mike L said:
Depending on the shop they can add the O2 sensor bung in a standard cat. Thats what I did and my cat was only $40 installed. Ask around. And yes it passed smog.

-Mike L.

Yeah, that's what this guy did for me. Drilled a bung in a Carsound cat. Mine just passed smog on Saturday, for the second time since it was installed. But it's not "legal", so it's hard to find someone to do it. Most shops won't want to do it for someone they don't know.

V8=$433.13
L6 (inline 6) $275.00

This is a factory cat in mopar box for california car
These prices are +tax+shippibg which locally is reasonable $10-15.00

Back