• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Light bulp part no.?

gw204

NAXJA Forum User
Fellas, I need to replace a few of the bulbs that light up the gauges in my '91 XJ. The manual doesn't say anything about what model bulb this requires. Can anyone shed some light (no pun intended :laugh3: ) on this subject for me?

Dealer only item?

Thanks.

These are the bulbs that attach to the back of the instrument cluster itself. They get their contacts from the circuit "sheet". They have a plastic base on them and you have to twist 'em to lock 'em into place.

Got a handfull sitting in front of me from my idiot light cluster that I'm adding stewart warner gauges to. No part numbers on them and the bulb does not seem to be removable from the base. I'd pull one out and take it to a parts store, possible that it is a dealer item, don't know... could be in the oweners manual to if they list light bulbs.

Yep. Twist to remove from the board. They will pull out of their holders, but they don't look like it. I got spares at NAPA for like a buck apiece. It's best to take one in with you.

gw204 said:
These are the bulbs that attach to the back of the instrument cluster itself. They get their contacts from the circuit "sheet". They have a plastic base on them and you have to twist 'em to lock 'em into place.
There are two sizes, and each size comes in a choice of wattage. The No. 74 are the very tiny ones that fit the heater controls, and the warning light cluster to the left of the gauges. The ones for the gauges themselves are larger, and on my 1988 they actually used a mix of wattages to control brightness. It's best to pull the one you need to replace and match up the number.

Back