• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

factory fitted security, probs.

tcarltan

NAXJA Forum User
plz help anybody i live in the uk and have an xj2.5 sport[1995]ex us military import.it has, im told two security systems on it .one is the factory fitted jeep alarm and immobiliser the other is a clifford falcon 2,is this also factory fitted?i dont know.well ,one or both has packed up and immobilised my engine.local experts suggest i totally rip out the security.leaving me open to theft etc.also security systems in the uk make a huge difference in your insurance premiums.so this is not an option.has anybody had probs ?or can you make any suggestions as to get out of this pickle i find myself in.im having to start my xj with a screwdriver to the solenoid and a wire to the live on the battery every time.not good is it.plz help.... carl j uk...

If the clifford is acting up you can bypass the starter kill and leave the rest intact. It may be a bad relay and if so you should be able to replace it fairly easy. You may start with disconnecting the negative side of the battery for about 10 seconds to reset the alarm. The old cliffords were very picky about voltage spikes and tend to lock up and leave you stranded.

Back