• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case shifter info

DaltonXJ said:
I have a '88 XJ and on my shifter 2wd 4x4 part time and 4x4 full time N 4LO? can someone explain this to me and tell me what type t-case I have no info on t-case....

please help

[email protected]

You have an NP242 T-case. You can use Full Time on any surface, even the perfectly dry street. Part Time and 4LO are for very slippery conditions only. If you search for NP242, you will find a lot of good info on these forums. I have the same t-case in my 89 and I like to use Full Time in nasty weather conditions. If this XJ is new to you, you might want to check/change the fluid. Lack of fluid will kill the case in a hurry. IIRC, the drain/ fill plugs take a 6-Point 30MM socket.

hey thanks for the info.. gonna look for the info right now thanks again and yes I just got the XJ for $200 and I am going to change all the fluids ASAP I just got the new plates for it today... gonna get the inspection next weekend....

Back