• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heater fan

xj95

NAXJA Forum User
Hi

xj 95 the fan on the heater only work on hi speed.The fan motor is new.I know that there is a relay that is use for controling the speed but can't find it under the dash.

thank you
Zzzz

The resister is most likey the problem. However when you have it out measure the temperature fuse thing, it may be open. The old motor if it was bad most likely caused it to open. Then you have three choices, solder a wire around the temperature fuse, replace the fuse with one gotten from radio shack or three buy a new resister thing.

JoBo

fan speed

To tag onto this problem...the first two positions on my fan switch ('93 XJ) appear to produce no difference in fan speed. The lowest setting and the notch above just don't produce any difference that I can tell.

I even replaced the switch with a new deal one. Wow, and no difference after that! Am I missing something here?

Hi Brian,

My 93' had no speed at all, and after replacing the whole HVAC control unit in the dash and checking resistor, it ended up being the blower motor. It's not a hard job to do by yourself (I've listed the steps on how to do it in a prev. thread - just do a search on blower motors / ac), and a replacement motor itself only costs about $40 from your local auto parts store.

Hope it helps,

Quarterwave

I'll echo your first reply...the blower motor resistor. It's located on passenger side...just above passengers feet. I had exactly the same problem (only worked on "high" setting). I too replaced the switch before I figured it was the resistor.

Back