• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keyless Help!

XJBeast96

NAXJA Forum User
if someone here has a 96 XJ with factory keyless,can you PLEASE give me the part number off the back off the key fob. I have purchased sevral,all saying they will work with my Jeep. NONE of them worked.
Thank you in advance

it should be the 2 button transmitter, you can identify it by the price, $100+. are you sure you are programming it correctly. cycle the key from off to on 3 times then hold the lock or unlock button until the locks actuate. if it is the correct transmitter, then matbe you have a receiver problem.

I read in my owners manual. You get in shut the doors. put key in ignition,open driver door,move lever to the lock postion,turn key to on postion,hold LOCK button for a few seconds.Locks cycle.your done.
Followed steps,didnt work,put new batteries in it,still nothing.Tried with three different remotes.but all diffrent part numbers?????

they appear to be the same. I did notice in the manual it said the light on the remote will blink when button pushed. These do not have any lights i can see.
Looks like they could be the incorrect remote. That is why i wanted the number off a remote someone on this board may have .
I did not notice a light on my old remote??

it should have the red LED that illuminates when the buttons are pressed. i just noticed one on e-bay that looks right, however i dont know. you can sak the seller a question and see what he used them for. look under jeep parts and then "keyless entry"

looks like wrong remote AGAIN! I even asked the guy if it came from a XJ,he said yes.I will look on EBAY some more and place these on there for sale. Thank you for the info. New to this site,but can always find good info on here.

I got one on line for my 96 xj and it's not a exact copy but works well and was $60 new and has a red light that works. Remember it's a infra red and not radio freq setup so the range short and it's line of site. But it sounds like you had one and know how it works. Last time I was to AutoZone they had a poster on the door saying they ould get remotes.

JoBo

Back