• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Successful road trip

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
I got back from NJ Sunday afternoon, towing my new flatbed trailer. I've already put my spare MJ project on it for remote storage, so I'm well on my way to setting up shop in my garage (only took me 10 months!) Now I have enough room to set up my workbenches & tools and actually work on my XJ. Will I be wheeling by spring? Still up in the air at this point since I suppose I really should fix the damage I did to my wife's XJ in September... it is also almost ready for new tires, so I was thinking maybe a BB on top of the Upcountry stuff would leave ample room for some 245/75R16's. I saved the parts from a previous version of my XJ to regear hers to 3.73 w/ a No-Slip and ZJ discs in the rear. Maybe sounds like a mini-project to get my wrenching skills back up to snuff before jumping back on the big project.:repair:

Sounds like a good plan Mark ... your fingernails are MUCH too clean. Now if we can just get rid of a few of your teeth and add a little slang to your speech, you'd really look and sound like a real midwesterner. :D

Great to hear you have a flatbed ... that will sure come in handy. What do you have for a tow rig?

Les

It's in the sig, Les. A '97 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5 turbodiesel. I bought it to replace my '87 MJ when we decided to move out here. I've put 38k miles on it in 14 months, and I love it. Roomy, comfortable, powerful, good stereo, and reasonably fuel efficient. Pretty easy to drive around town, too. :)

Back