• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June Ride

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
They are holding the Annual Dixie Dozens ride in Gardendale June 20-22
It a prettty good run and people comemup from FL and over from MS nad LA.

I might be going should have new lift on by then but not the new gears and 44 hopr to have that in for Tellico.

No cost we meet at the Cracker Barrel off I65 at 9am will get the Exit number later. This is Gardendale, AL

This isn't an XJ only ride is it? I have some friends that have been wanting to go to Gardendale.

Nah its an anything goes as long as it will stay together...LOL

Most of the guys will be driving TJs.

CrackerBarrel says exit 271 off I-65 at Fieldstown Rd

I hope I can come but right now the money man says
maybe not.we'll see.

Mike, I hope you made it home ok.

Annual Dixie Dozens Ride

Hello all! I'm Raider and hopefully, I can fill in some blanks on the Dixie Dozens Ride.

Like Kudzu said, this isn't a "pay to ride" thing. All participants are responsible for themselves and their vehicle(s). As such, there is no charge for attending.

It's something I started a number of years ago on the internet and it's been to say the least, interesting. We started with a handful of rigs (mostly stock) and had the time of our lives.

There have been rigs from all over the Southeast show up for this little get-together. It's been a lot of fun meeting folks from all over and wheeling with them. Their rigs have been from mild to wild too.

Here's the deal: We meet at the Cracker Barrel on I 65, exit 271 @ 9 am each morning. Will try to depart asap for the trails. (They are real close by) If for some reason there is a change in meeting spots, I'll let you know before-hand.

Pack a lunch in with you as there ain't any kind of drive-throughs or pizza deliveries going to make it in to us. :D We'll be wheeling till around 5 pm or so. (Gotta have time to get out, back to the rooms, shower, go eat, etc.) We will break for lunch.

Now, we will hit trails with by-passes for rigs and/or drivers that prefer a moderate ride. No problem. All rigs will be checked for things like F/R lockers, winch, etc. to make sure everyone has an enjoyable ride. After all...it's supposed to be fun, right?

One rule! Make sure your rig is ready to ride. If it breaks on the trail, we can get it fixed. No problem. But! No-one likes to have to wait on someone who hasn't done their "homework". So, make sure you're in trail condition and if you have some spare parts...bring 'em! You're the ones that know your "weak-links".

Not to be rude or anything ya'll. Just have learned from past rides that a little "homework" goes a long way. ;)

All I ask is that whomever commits to coming please get with Kudzu so I know how many to expect. I'm going to draft some of my fellow club members to help out with things again and need to know about how many will attend so we can have things well worked out beforehand.

So, hope to see ya'll here! :cheers:

well, funds permitting, and assuming i find a trailer, i'll be there in full force with the pumpkin xj.

Well About 20 miles or so maybe 30...Up to you but if you want Kevin and I can pick them up and bring them with us...???

well it looks like a got a trailer so i should be able to make it.

Back