• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Sale: '89 2dr, 4.5" lift, 32's.....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I know, I know - this isn't the "for sale" forum, but I wanted to keep this in the Colorado market.

I recently purchased this XJ as a project but I simply don't have the time to spend on it. Too many cars in the driveway, so it's gotta go.

1989 2dr "Sport", 5 speed, red with gray interior.
-Rusty's 4.5" lift with unmarked shocks.
-Rusty's t-case drop kit.
-Rusty's Cat Back exhaust.
-32" BFG Mud Terrains on black rock crawlers. (1 brand new, 1 80%, 2 60% tread) just mounted and balanced. One unmounted 32" Baja Claw for a spare.
-165K on the odometer.
-Transmission is the AX-15, not the Peugeot.
-New clutch slave cylinder.
-Interior is in great condition, no tears.
-Body is "wavy" with previous right rear quarter repair (bondo).
-Absolutely NO rust on this XJ,
-4.0 runs great, compression tests showed 115 - 120lbs of compression. Passed emissions - very clean!
-Just tuned up, $90 in cap, rotor, wires, plugs, air filter, oil change, coolant.
-3:55 gears, just changed the diff fluid and new diff cover gaskets.
-New tie rod end on the Rusty's track bar.
-New hatch lift cylinders.
-Brand new windshield with late '90's rubber gasket trim (replacing the metal trim).
-New floor mats.

The A/C works and was changed to the new coolant recently.

I replaced the worn out D30 with a HPD30 from a '96. This means it now has better brakes and doesn't have the vacuum operated disconnect - both are improvements! Because of this, it does need an alignment.

This '89 had the typical small cracks in the door sills at the vent openings. I have welded these. It also had a nasty crack starting at the drivers door upper hinge. I removed the fender and welded this as well, adding some metal for additional support. It has good weather stripping, good glass, tail lights, turn signals, marker lenses. It runs and drives great.

It will need some work. The motor mounts are shot (have new ones to go with it), the stereo was stolen (have a good dash bezel to go with it), have a cheap CD Stereo that I'll include. The steering column has a small piece broken off of it when an attempt to steal it failed. I have another column for it as well. No damage to the current lock/cylinder - damage is above the turn signal lever.

I'm asking $2100 which includes all spare and new parts that I've purchased for it. Pics available.

PM me or e-mail - [email protected]

Thanks!
Troy

Last edited:
On the same note, kind of, what is the running price for a stock 96? if i could get enought id like to sell it. i want to buy a little older one with the work done on it already. pm me if you know a good site or happen to know off the top of your head a good price, thanks!

new96XJheeper said:
thanks yucca, on that note, anyone want my stock 96 for 3200?

Youve got PM. :cheers:

new96XJheeper said:
hey yella, is your jeep ready to be street drivin or is there work to be done?

Needs an alignment and it's ready. And maybe some tunes too.

I'm currently cutting on the front fenders to clear the 32's when flexed.

Back