• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA bushings

Neil

NAXJA Forum User
I went to Kragen today to pick up new UCA bushings and they asked me if I had the 24 or the 28 mm bushings. I said HUH? Any ideas?

I told him axle side uca bushings. What a bone head!

Kinda hard to drive without the uca's :) and they have to order the bushing.

If/when you get the upper control arm axle end bushings post on here the brand and part number please. I have not been able to find them anywhere besides the dealer.
Thanks.

Got mine yesterday from the dealer,list was $29.95 each! Alignment shop looked in Spicer and Moog catalog and there was no listing,
Wayne

I too had major problems with getting the stock RUBBER bushingsgo to the dealer and ask for a rear upper body end bushing from a ZJ it should be the same as a front upper axle end for a XJ. then check the price. Jim is the NAPA bushings you're refering to poly. or rubber ? My NAPA can only order poly. Neil again are those rubber or poly. my A.Z. said poly. only also. Wayne. I feel your pain..dealer calls says my bushings are in $5. to $6. ea. 45 minutes later at the counter.....$26. or $27 ea. guess my mood...
As much as I hate to throw R.E. a bone I just saw in their catalogfactory rubber bushings for $12. if memory serves. Ben give R.E. a call for rubber bushings.
Good Luck to all ...HTH & Jim & Neil post as to whether the bushings are rubber or poly.
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Just got back from Auto Zone! The Correct part # is FB544 I just pulled the bushing out of the box and it is exactly what you get at the stealership. Stamped Clevite and everything for under $6.00 ea!!!

My local garage installed UCA bushings on my 88 XJ. I saw the box they used Moog bushings. The strange part is the bushing had Cleavit cast into it not Moog.

I had the rear leaf spring bushings replaced, the shop ended up getting the from the dealer because no one listed them in their books, go figure.

Neil & JimK403
Thank for the info. on the A.Z. & NAPA rubber bushings.... I guess
my local counter guys are morons..... ACTUALLY it just confirms my
suspicions.
Thanks again for the update.... Wayne & Ben there you go...

Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Ouch,Did these $6.99 bushings come with the inner and outer sleeves?
If they did------- then can you feel my pain********
Wayne

Back