• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mud pits, local boulders, construction sites?

sintax

NAXJA Forum User
So...I feel the need to get the jeep out this weekend and play around. I dont want to travel too far (far = more then 30min from Corona) and just want to beat around for the day. I dont know if Azuza Canyon is open or not, but thats kinda what i'm looking for. I have heard a lot of stuff about it, but have not been there.

Anyone know of a lil spot to let loose so pent up jeep energy this weekend sometime? Company is always welcome.

-Scott

sintax said:
So...I feel the need to get the jeep out this weekend and play around. I dont want to travel too far (far = more then 30min from Corona) and just want to beat around for the day. I dont know if Azuza Canyon is open or not, but thats kinda what i'm looking for. I have heard a lot of stuff about it, but have not been there.

Anyone know of a lil spot to let loose so pent up jeep energy this weekend sometime? Company is always welcome.

-Scott

It's a little farther than 30 min, but I will probably be going down to Pancake Mesa (East of San Diego) w/ Uncle Greg on saturday. You are more than welcome to join us. That was the first run I did and learned the value of rock rails.

-Marisha

There's a fun little place if you head south on the 15 and get off on Lake St. and turn right. You'll see a quarry and construction site on your left, along with a whole bunch of trails on the hillsides. If you cant find an entrance off Lake (with the construction these change occasionally) take Lake to the signal (4-5 mi.) and turn left, you can find several ways to get back in there.
Or you can go to Nichols road and go on either side of the freeway, it's not Moab, but it's not a 14 hr. drive either...

Patrick

wolfheartak said:
It's a little farther than 30 min, but I will probably be going down to Pancake Mesa (East of San Diego) w/ Uncle Greg on saturday. You are more than welcome to join us. That was the first run I did and learned the value of rock rails.

-Marisha

Thanks for the offer, but thats just a bit further then I was really looking to go. Would be fun to wheel with you guys again. Seems like I never make it out to the runs that Mike and you are at. Nothing personal i swear :heart:

-Scott

I was actually kinda maybe feeling big bear. Just to kill a few hours and get muddy.

Tim, you seem to be up there almost every weekend. Do you have any plans for Saturday?

-Scott

sintax said:
I was actually kinda maybe feeling big bear. Just to kill a few hours and get muddy.

Tim, you seem to be up there almost every weekend. Do you have any plans for Saturday?

-Scott
Scott,

You do realize that it will be a ZOO until we get to the North side of the lake, then it will be slicker than snot! About 2 feet of the stuff and I'm OK with both. I was up there right after the previous storm (3 weeks ago?) with just the one rig, it would be nice to be up there with some one to strap me if need be. I'm good for Saturday. You want to meet up there of down the hill? I prefer going up Hwy. 38 vs. the 30/330, the road's a little slicker but less crowded.

Tim

Bent said:
Scott,

You do realize that it will be a ZOO until we get to the North side of the lake, then it will be slicker than snot! About 2 feet of the stuff and I'm OK with both. I was up there right after the previous storm (3 weeks ago?) with just the one rig, it would be nice to be up there with some one to strap me if need be. I'm good for Saturday. You want to meet up there of down the hill? I prefer going up Hwy. 38 vs. the 30/330, the road's a little slicker but less crowded.

Tim

Don't forget the rookie!!! :-D

Bent said:
Scott,

Tim

All, Would anyone be opposed to doing it on Friday instead of Saturday?

Tim, you are the man when it comes to that area. I will trust which ever way you'd like to go. But I to like the sound of less icey / crowded. I am fairly well equiped to do some strapping if need be, just let me know if you want me to bring any special equipment. Steven and I can meet you in redlands somewhere and we can all head up there. I think that might be the best idea. Gotta remember i need to go slow where ever we end up going ;) and get home before the roads get too icey.

I was thinking about just doing holcomb and maybe just cruise around a bit. I would not mind doing the entry to John Bull (east) again. That was pretty damn fun right after the last snow storm.

-Scott

Last edited:
I beleive the place that you get to by getting off Lake St. and going up the windy road to the top of the hill by the lake is called Wildomar OHV. Ever been there? When I used to live in Riverside I used to go there every now and then. My friend would always talk me into going about 2am. Talk about fun stuff in the dark. :laugh3:

-Mike L.

sintax said:
All, Would anyone be opposed to doing it on Friday instead of Saturday? -Scott
I can't do Friday, the boys are taking me riding. They are both pretty set on me scratching my new helmet. :D Nice guys! LOL

saturday it is then ;) (it will work better for Steven it turns out anyways)

-Scott

ouch, steven needs to put it in 4x4 sometime.

Kejtar said:
I know :) but getting him motivated to do so seems to be a challenge :D
Hey Remi, it seems to me you been wanting a snow run. You gonna be there tomorrow?

BTW, Scott, How 'bout meeting at the Stater Bros. on the corner of Hwy. 38 (Lugonia/Mentone Blvd.) and Wabash?

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=Y8S27%2fQZysQ%3d&longitude=naRWIoFRNKVVC2z4iAEq7w%3d%3d&name=Stater%20Brothers%20Markets&countryid=250&country=US&address=1786%20E%20Lugonia%20Ave&city=Redlands&state=CA&zipcode=92374&phone=909%2d794%2d5659&cat=stater%20bros&spurl=0&searchtype=GenSearch

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
no.... I'm taking my folks to the desert.

I think the folks would love a magical trip through the icey cold land of John Bull.

Bent said:

Sounds good to me. That was pretty much what I had in mind. What about a time. Meet up about 8 or 9? I dont know if you are one of the early guys or not. If you dont already know Sequoia and I are ones that roll into camp at 4am and sleep until 10am :laugh3:

I passed this along to steven so we'll see if it works for him.

BTW: I just remembered that someone said something about a post on Justruns about big bear this weekend. I'm gonna check on that.

-Scott

8:30 am Stater's Parking lot

See you there unless I hear otherwise.

Tim

Mornings Suck!

Back