• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Here

i<3jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hello and greetings all!

I am a new member here and a soon to be jeep xj owner, that is if i can find one that is 4x4 and not bastardized! i was wondering if anyone had the heads up on one? I'm looking for a 95-96 jeep cherokee, i don't really care too much about the trim as long as it's the ho 4.0 i6 and 4x4 =D. I found this site off of pirate 4x4, so i hope i have better lucking finding a used rig here. thanks in advance.

-Will

Welcome and good luck. There are a lot of great people here. I have found new friends and a tone of help for my XJ.

I am sure someone can point you towards the XJ you want.

Hope to see you on a trail soon.

Robert

I have a 99 XJ that has been my daily driver for the last year. I am actually looking to part with it because i'm interested in getting a car that is not so big.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34744

That is the link to the jeep. As for price, we can talk if you have cash.

-Scott

www.autotrader.com if you're looking for a stocker to make your own.

The one's you'll find in the For Sale Forum here are usually already modified or parts jeeps.

-Marisha

BTW Welcome! :thumbup:

thanks for the welcoming and comments. i currently drive a civic, but yeah... let's not go there. i recently tried to attend a gathering organized by a guy named Adam B. out in so cal in bear valley. hahaha poor civic, never knew what was coming. well, back on track. That's a nice XJ there but i was looking for something older that i wont' mind abusing and that is why i was looking for a 91-96 generation model, but more focalized in the 95-96. it sucks, all postings on autotrader is mis-leading! all the 4x4 models are sold, and the ones that aren't sold are always 2wd!! oh well. i hope to be able to pick one up and start on the process of wheelin'!

Hey, I drive a Civic too. No compaints here, gets me where I need to go, and when my jeep breaks I don't have to worry about fixing it right away to get to work.

Here's another: www.cars.com

We'll keep an eye out for you though. Any other specifics you are looking for?

-Marisha

well i'm only looking to spend about $4000 for the jeep. the body i could really care less because well i'm sure i'll add new dents and dings anyways. mileage the lower the better, but not of real concern. would like a stock one if possible, but if it's already lifted or has all terrain tires would be nice. =D oh and any color but red. i just don't like red.

oh and yes the civic is a nice car, but my civic is slammed and riding on low profile tires. hahahaha trying to drive on that gravel road to get to where those wranglers were was a task.

thanks for looking out Marisha!

-William

Welcome! I was in the same situtation a few months back. I was looking for about the same XJ as you but then found one that had some good mods done to it, (Gears and lockers, RE lift, rims/tires) and it was in good shape. I ended up getting it for what I thought was a good deal and then the Jeep bug bit hard....... I had a hard time controlling myself w/ the mods and ended up spending a bunch of money on it even though that wasn't my original plan. (damn $$ burning a hole in my pocket!) Oh well, it would have happened sooner or later anyway.
If I had to do over, I would find a stocker for as cheap as possible and buy 2nd hand parts to mod it w/. I don't regret any of it, just that hindsight thing that reminds you every once in a while what your original intentions were.
Good luck, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

I went the other route JJ was talking about. Autually mt daughter uses this rig and loves it. Found a 92 in great running condition and bone stock...picked it up for 1500 and then starting modding with an RE 5.5 Kit and some upgrades. Works great on and off road. It did not have the right rear diff that I wanted but that is an easy fix. Good luck on the search...You will find the right one...just keep looking. Later...Clint

xj4.jpg

Last edited:
ah!!!!!!!!! that picture!! every time i see pictures of XJs doing stuff like that, makes me want one so bad. yeah i've been looking and trying so far i've only come up with a few dead ends. i'm sure i'll find one, i guess good things will come to those who wait. i'll find that perfect XJ one day! again thanks for the well wishes and hope to meet all you people one day.

Back