• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

land discrimination

flexjay87

NAXJA Forum User
greetings to all you xj lovers. i am new to the forums and my first post is a sad one. i live in Iowa and we have one fed., gov. ground area we can run on. i am in a jeep club and we share gov. ground with atv's. they want (atv clubs)an "unfriendly" take over it seems and plan on leaving us in the lurch, so to speak. we plan to fight it but would welcome any input from someone you guys might know who has had possible land grab issues before, and had success stopping people like this. any input would be useable i am sure. thanks, Scott W..

What are they basing there argument on, that they have more right to gov land than Jeeps do? Don't understand that one.

My experiences with meeting atv riders on the trail while wheeling has been 100% positve. On two different occations this summer I've had atv riders go out of there way to help me. Guess you just met up with some bad ones.Try reasoning with them, if you don't work together chances are both will lose the land. If that don't work you could crack some heads! lol

The problem isn't the ATVer's trying a land grab. It seems Army Corps of Engineers MAY be handing control over to State of Iowa DNR, and they MAY be limited access to ATVer's only.

It doesn't seem to be set in stone, or at least not all the facts are out. Do a search for the Trail Hogs Jeep Club, they are local there and have a lot more contacts.

Off roading in towns local to me has always been dirtbikes and atvs before jeeps or pickups. I live in Mass. So I don't know how to deal with this either, I just ignore them and keep on jeeping.

w_howey said:
The problem isn't the ATVer's trying a land grab. It seems Army Corps of Engineers MAY be handing control over to State of Iowa DNR, and they MAY be limited access to ATVer's only.

It doesn't seem to be set in stone, or at least not all the facts are out. Do a search for the Trail Hogs Jeep Club, they are local there and have a lot more contacts.

Ignore me...
I checked Trail Hogs site after typing this, and damn I'm p***ed now.

Although I belive in the end ATVers and us are in the same side of things I have seen a ton of new atv trails created around here...by the forest service but I have yet to see a new jeep trail by any federal group.

thanks for your input guys. it seems that when the government gets involved with land, things can get weird. i got nothing against ATV's, heck i have owned two myself. but i think the land should be shared. if you get any new ideas, let us know. Scott

Back