• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im sagging

bugman1964

NAXJA Forum User
Ive read some of the searchs on this topic but.. its time to get new tires i wanna go with a 245 instead of the 225.I know i need a lift i was only going to do a budget lift but my rear springs are sagging alot. like 1 3/4 inch on drivers side and 1 1/4 on the pass side do i need to buy new springs?
help !!!!
jacob

If you want to do it the cheap, easy way go get an add-a-leaf kit for the rear. I’m sure that you can probably find one locally, but if not try this:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...makeId-1000123/p-2047/c-10101/modelId-1001389

They are cheap, but work well. I just put this kit on mine a couple of weeks ago and it’s very easy to do. It will raise the back end up 1 ½ “ to 2” which is more than enough to fit 245s. Go out to the garage and do some measuring; you may be able to fit 245s on the front the way it is. If not, then call up a junkyard and get some front coils off of a V-8 Grand Cherokee. They will raise the front end 1”, which is enough to clear the tires you want. My Grand Cherokee coils cost $50 already pulled (AK prices, more like $20 or $30 in lower 48). They are relatively easy to put on, but a spring compressor makes life much easier. This set up will make your Cherokee ride slightly stiffer, but will probably feel good after your “spongy” rear springs. A make shift lift kit like this is well under $100 and can be installed in a couple of hours. If you have never seen a wrench before and are attempting to do this on your own, you can get it done in a weekend even with some buffoonery.

i was thinking i may need to do a add a leaf and the shackles to make up the diffrence and then add some height so when im wheelin it doesnt bottom out

Search some boneyards for a newer XJ, newer the better, might luck out and find one with upcountry, then while it's apart do a FULL LENGTH add a leaf in the back and a spacer in the front. The ZJ coils would also be a good idea instead of a spacer.

yeah i would be more comfortable with the zj springs wasnt to thrilled about the spacers on my zj.Now will any year add a leaf work i dont see one listed for 01 cherokee's on their list

i put add-a-leafs in on my xj becasue the le3af pac was shot it helped a lot at first. i'd say i got around 2 inches, but then the add-a-leat wore out and now i'm back to almost where i was before i got them

anyone year will work. might want to look at some ome leafs...and pull up your damn pants!

If you plan on keeping it with just a bb to run your 245's, just order some new oe spring packs from quadratec. You'll apprieciate the ride quality a lot better over the add a leaf. You could also get the heavy duty leaf spring that came with the (if I'm not mistaken) up-country package. So you'd have a new set of springs, with the 1" bump from the heavy duty package for $65 per pack- thats what I'd do if I was planin on leavin that way with no future modsthen again I don't know your budget for this

well i want something that i can off road in as well i was thinking a budget lift but the spring spacers make me nervous. At what height of lift do i need to add longer shocks?

bugman1964 said:
well i want something that i can off road in as well i was thinking a budget lift but the spring spacers make me nervous. At what height of lift do i need to add longer shocks?
2" or more. When I did my 2" Budget Boost the stock shocks were almost stretched out just sitting flat. Speedbumps were enough to stretch them all the way out, and I didn't leave them on long enough to try four-wheeling it that way. 2" spring spacers shouldn't give any reason to be nervous; they're durable and effective.

Back