• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle Seal

smallxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have a 1991 disco 30 up front and i have just put a solid axle all the through insted of that disco crap so my question is The seal by the carrier is a bitch to get in and i just put one in and it leaks like a mofo so how did you guys put yours in?

Pull the axles,pull the carrier and replace the seals,there is only one way to do it correctly and it aint easy.And from personal experiance it may still leak !
Wayne

smallxj said:
ok i have a 1991 disco 30 up front and i have just put a solid axle all the through insted of that disco crap so my question is The seal by the carrier is a bitch to get in and i just put one in and it leaks like a mofo so how did you guys put yours in?

Did you use the correct seal on the passenger side? The seals for the non-disco axle are only for the drivers side. The passenger side seal is a seal from a CJ D30. I posted up some parts numbers here on NAXJA, seach and you should find them.

Back