• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TrXuS MT?

Osprey413

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking about getting a set of these to replace my terribly small 235/75/15 BFG AT/KO's. The price seems reasonable and I like the look of them, but I don't want to buy a tire that either won't last, won't work, or both. Can I get some input from anyone who has run these tires on how they preform/wear? Thanks.

I bought mine with 80% tread. I ran them for three months on the road before I got a set of ATs. Switching them is a pain, but they MTs are a little loud for the driving I do. Great tire for mud and rocks at Rausch Creek in PA. I plan on getting a set of 35s when the 31s are worn-out.

I think they are a great all around tire. Louder than an AT but not as loud as other MT's. Great in mud & deep snow. Just as good as the AT's I've had in the rain & on ice. I thought they did very well in Moab. HTH. JIM.

I'm interested in them as well. My only longterm experience with MT's is with GY MTR's on a Rubicon. How do they compare for wear and noise to those?
Also, how will they do in NH/ME winters? Between college and working at a ski resort, the worse the weather gets, the more likely I'll be out there driving in it!:D

I've had them in 33x12.5 on my jeep for abou a month. I got to wheel them for hre first time last weekend.

I like them. They are quieter on the road than XTerrains and even my Yokohama MT's which I thought were pretty quiet. They seem a little squirrely on wet pavement, but that may be me. They did great in loose dirt and rock and hooked up on rocks with very little spinning.

I can only compare them to Procomp Xterrains, Yokohama MT's and BFG ATs. Not a quiet as the AT's (go figure) and harder on small bumps (no surprise, the AT's were also 237/75's) but seem tougher than the XTerrains. The Yoko MT's were a good time (had 1.5 sets of them) and at 31x10.5, very capable. But these are quieter on road and will probably be tougher and slightly more capable off-road.

bburge

I've got 35x12.5's and I've wheeled them in everything, and they work great. They are most definately the quiest riding M/T's. . .I cant say anything about A/Ts since Ive never driven on A/T's, but not a complaint. the Trxus has the more siping than any other M/T out there. Ill take them to as low as 12psi when wheeling, and the grip to anything slick wet rock, they clean well in the mud. they wear great. .. my XJ is a DD and I expect to get aroud 30000 or so mile out of them. I'd get them for great looks, quality, and price.

nhrocker said:
I'm interested in them as well. My only longterm experience with MT's is with GY MTR's on a Rubicon. How do they compare for wear and noise to those?

They wear about the same, but are significantly quieter.

i like mine and would buy them agian i have also found them to be a bit loose on wet pavement but it could be me

Back