• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Equipment for Moab

XJCasper

NAXJA Member #1042
I know I have seen this question before, but it has been a few years. I am doing a search through the 500 threads that include Moab. I will also probably post in the NW section.

I have a year to prep my XJ. Beyond basics stated within NAXJA guidelines. What else do I need for trail riding in Moab? I picked up my XJ two months ago. Clean rig, but completely stock. When my last XJ was totalled two years ago, I sold my odds and ends.

What do I need for the October NAXJA Moad trips? I purchased this vehicle for emergencies if another vehicle is down, bad weather, or for familly road trips off of the road (locally and along the Western states). I have been leaning towards a RE 3.5 or 4.5 with 31 10.5 or 31 12.5. I would piece something together, but with my schedule, simplicity is nice.

I plan on hitting Rusty's up to establish my tow points and Skid plates. What else do I need to add to my list?

Thank you
Jason Gould

Rocker guards...definitely.

You really don't need any lift, lockers, etc to attend as there are trails for every level. So it's up to you how far or to what level you want to take it. I will say that a CB radio is very important--still not required--but you won't want to miss out on the trail leader's instructions, sight-seeing info, etc. Make protection a top priority.

Tom

Back