• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar relocation advice needed...

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
I have the RE HD trackbar that's only a year old. During the upcoming HP44 swap, I'll be moving the trackbar to a bracket on top of the axle tube. Should I build a new one from raw matierals, or cut/weld mine? A JKS unit with a 2"JJ and bracket is around $220 shipped, and it would fit the bracket I have on the frame now.
Do most people make/buy new trackbars, or shorten the ones they have?
TIA!

BillR said:
I have the RE HD trackbar that's only a year old. During the upcoming HP44 swap, I'll be moving the trackbar to a bracket on top of the axle tube. Should I build a new one from raw matierals, or cut/weld mine? A JKS unit with a 2"JJ and bracket is around $220 shipped, and it would fit the bracket I have on the frame now.
Do most people make/buy new trackbars, or shorten the ones they have?
TIA!

The way I did mine was to reuse the RE bracket with a 2" johnny joint that came with the bar stock from JKS. I also used the lower axle end bracket. Mine came from ORGS but it is the same one sold by JKS. It works out pretty well together. If I had it to do over I would use a 2.5" johnny joint and the bracket that welds to the factory track bar mount. That way it is up a little higher on the frame end and may help out the angles more with the hi-steer on the 44. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Mike L.

Back