• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

borla header and o2 sensor

MJ1990buildup

NAXJA Forum User
is anybody breaking these things in half alot?

i am breaking them in half like its my job

i've done both, extended the sensor wire and more recently just pulled clip farther out of the harness

anybody rigged up an o2 sensor skid?

Nope.... and over 140,000 miles on mine.

Could you be a little more specific? I had a borla installed on my '92 and the O2 sensor pointed straight out the side of the collector area at the left fender. I don't believe I ever had to extend the wires. Then, once I got a replacement header due to cracks in the area where the tubes all come together, I found that they had moved the location of the O2 sensor. It points straight back at the fire wall on the replacement header. I installed it on my '98 since I sold the '92, and had to extend the wires as well as make some sort of a guide for the wires to keep them away from the hot exhaust manifold. In either Jeep, I had no problems with anything breaking the sensor. What is doing it on your Jeep? The upper control arm? I ran anywhere from 4" of lift to 7" of lift and never had a problem. Jeff

No extension on mine (it's a 94.) I'll take a look today and see which direction it point, I don't remember at the moment.

My O2 sensor points almost directly outboard at the fenderwell, just below the last junction.

Back